Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications not working

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed these and not receiving notifications to my phone, email notifications are fine but not getting any push. Can anyone shed light on this?
32 REPLIES 32
CameronEllison
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are push notifications failing again?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CameronEllison,

Are you experiencing an issue? Could you provide details?

JamesC

kenlem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras and have not received push notifications for a few months now. I am the main account holder. I have shared access with my wife who still receives push notifications. I have tried reinstalling the app. All device firmware is up to date and I have tried reinstalling the app, removing grant access and no luck.  The cameras still record and store video and email notifications work fine. What should I try next?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kenlem wrote:

I have two cameras and have not received push notifications for a few months now. I am the main account holder. I have shared access with my wife who still receives push notifications. I have tried reinstalling the app. All device firmware is up to date and I have tried reinstalling the app, removing grant access and no luck.  The cameras still record and store video and email notifications work fine. What should I try next?

Maybe double-check this stuff, just to make sure notifications are still enabled for the app in iOS or Android:

kenlem
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen,

I did go through the basics on ensuring notifications did not accidentally get muted, etc. I also have stopped receiving push notifications from two other apps but others continue to work. All notifications are enabled and I'm running the latest iOS, app versions and firmware on everything. Yet me wife continues to receive notifications for all so I am baffled.

iOS recently added a focus feature that I thought might be the culprit but no luck there either.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I am getting notifications on my iPhone 12 mini (iOS 15.4).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kenlem,

From what you described, this sounds like a permissions issue with your mobile device. You need to make sure permissions to receive push notifications for the Arlo mobile app are enabled within your device settings.

JamesC

kenlem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with you James but have been through everything I can find related to notifications and permissions in the settings. I'd hate to have to do a full reset but looking like my only option at this point.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation