Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications not working

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed these and not receiving notifications to my phone, email notifications are fine but not getting any push. Can anyone shed light on this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Rpcoll wrote:
Just installed these and not receiving notifications to my phone, email notifications are fine but not getting any push. Can anyone shed light on this?

Do you have push notifications enabled in the rules for the cams? 

About Arlo Modes and Rules

Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issues. I've spent the past week and a half going back and forward with Arlo tech support and we're no closer to a solution. I feel like we've tried everything and there's no more they are willing to do.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, factory reset all 4 cameras. Been around, taken them all down, put them back up. I've been asked to uninstall and reinstall the app too. We've been through all the mode settings and double checked these are set to send push notifications. 

1 of the 4 cameras currently sends a push notification. The other 3 record footage and add it to the library, but there's no notification unless I tell the app to also send an email notification.

I think as the cameras are operating fine there must be something up within the app. The last update for iOS was in December. Hopefully there will be another one soon to help with this.

tomaino
Guide
Guide

In the past week, something changed on the Arlo end. My husband's email address owns the account (core account). He is successfully continuing to get push notifications. I have a different email address/profile to which the core account granted rights.

We got Arlo about a week ago and since we added me as a 'friend' I have always been getting push notifications on my phone when I am logged in with my own email.

Two days ago, that stopped. It is not my phone. When I log on my iphone using my husband's email, push notifications do go to my phone. When I log in using my email (the one we granted access to, I do not get notifications.

When setting up the mode, you either have push notifications on or off globally. You cannot specify whether a 'friend' that you grant access to does or does not also receive notifications.

I think some maintenance was pushed to Arlo's code that broke the notifications. I think the change happened Tuesday night. 

It is not possible to contact anyone by phone, is there? The support documentation obviously doesn't cover this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The dev team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

HellaStoked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, about a week ago my wife's phone stopped getting the notifications but I still get them

tomaino
Guide
Guide

I also noticed that the shared account no longer has the ability to edit the modes. 

jrogers23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have lost push notifications as well on primary and authorized access account.  Any update?  Email notifications seem to work.

Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not update yet, same as you we have emails but that's it
Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, yes they are enabled, email notifications work but not push
Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fully accept that the fix I mentioned above could just be a fluke and not work for everyone. I thought I'd mention it in the slim chance it helped people having the same issue as me.

All I can suggest is remove any secondary users you've added within the app and start from there. Go right back to one single user, see if the notifications start to work again then add in an email and test, then maybe another account and test again.

At the moment I only have push notifications coming to one handset. This still isn't really acceptable as Arlo promise a much better service where the whole family should get notifications, but until it is fixed there's not much else I can do.

Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, we did try that and notifications did come to the one phone. However once we tried to add another user it wouldn't let us, kept getting an error from the site. It took just over a week to get added again and then the notifications stopped again.
Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here's a step by step on my setup, hopefully it's useful.

• Make sure you have no 'Friends' added.

IMG-5109.PNG

• Once in the 'Mode' section of the app, choose a camera
  • Click on the Pen/Edit icon on the right had side of 'Armed'

IMG_5106.jpg

• Click the next Pen/Edit icon that appears under the 'Rules' section of the next screen

You should then be able to scroll to the bottom of this menu and find the tick boxes for Push Notifications and Email Alerts.

• Click on the Pen/Edit tool next to Email Alerts and add in your desired email address to send notifications to. 

IMG_5107.jpg

I hope this allows you the same amount of usability we have, until the app works properly again.

Thanks

Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn't look like I can upload screen grabs to help.

Sorry!

😫

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stubert wrote:

Doesn't look like I can upload screen grabs to help.

Embedded images need to be reviewed by a mod and approved.  Than can take a little while.

HellaStoked
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife started getting her notifications yesterday just out of the blue so pretty sure they fixed it
tomaino
Guide
Guide

Good to hear! Unfortunately, ours is still not working. I am hoping that the moderator has some updates soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

Rpcoll
Aspirant
Aspirant
All working as I should now, thank you
beegee
Guide
Guide

I have two cameras on the same wi-fi network.

One operates as expected (push notifications and email alerts for all kinds of activity).

The other operates differently ... YES email alerts for all kinds of activity ... YES push notifications for people and animals ... but NO push notifications for simple MOTION activity (email only).

I have reset this camera as per a previous Arlo instruction. Re-joined it to the network. Still the same.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@beegee wrote:

The other operates differently ... YES email alerts for all kinds of activity ... YES push notifications for people and animals ... but NO push notifications for simple MOTION activity (email only).

Have you checked the Arlo Smart settings for that camera?  From the symptoms, it sounds like "all other motion" is not checked.

beegee
Guide
Guide
Thank you. ALL smart notifications ON including “all other motion”.

Using the standard Armed mode.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@beegee wrote:
Thank you. ALL smart notifications ON including “all other motion”.

Using the standard Armed mode.

Have you tried restarting the camera?

beegee
Guide
Guide
Yes. Took battery out. Pressed reset. Reconnected as per Arlo instruction.
Laurbrank
Aspirant
Aspirant
My android (s21+) isn't getting any notifications. I'm the secondary phone, my mom has the main account. I recently fixed an issue we were having after getting a new modem. Had to delete the cameras, uninstall the app from both phones, reinstall, sync cameras with her phone, then add myself as a guest again-- finally both phones are connected and able to see the cameras, but she is getting push notifications and I'm (the guest account) not.
Anything I can try?
Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation