Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased 3 Arlo cams, base station, want to store vids on icloud

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Canalzone6
Follower
Follower

I’m pretty hacked. I bought 3 cams, trying to record to iCloud. Nope, need to get a base unit to integrate with HomeKit (apple’s home automation solution). Great… Cha-Ching. So I get a hub. Add all the cams to the hub. Yay! Connect to Apple Home kit? Sure. Record to iCloud? NOPE. 

I bought the entire system for the ability to record my vids to a storage solution I was already paying for. Why pay for yet another subscription for storage? Arlo said it was compatible. Hmmmmm. It’s not 100% compatible at all. Oh, if I have a USB drive, yippee, but else, no.

My setup is fixin (up to ~ $400 if not more, now) to go back to Amazon. I’m not interested in spending more monthly $$. I’m retired and on a fixed income. Arlo’s statement that they support HomeKit, is not true or valid to the extent of HomeKit’s ability. That needs to be defined or it is FALSE ADVERTISING.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Canalzone6,

Arlo's HomeKit integration does not support storage on iCloud or any other Apple storage feature.

You can read more about the Arlo HomeKit integration (and other partners) here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062278/What-smart-home-and-voice-assistant-systems-can-I-use-with-my-Arlo-dev...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation