Pro 4XL won't sync with system after WiFi change

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jasper27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I changed WiFi providers and my Pro 4XL cameras will not pair with system. I had to reset the SmartHub and got it synced up but the cameras will not cooperate. And yes I have tried the manual sync as well. Any Ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the cameras from the account before you readded them?

FWIW,  with a smarthub all you needed to do was to reconnect the smarthub to the new router's ethernet.  

Jasper27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not remove the cameras but did remove the smarthub which may have been the mistake. I had to reset the smarthub to work with the new internet. The cameras do not identify on the app at all. Multiple attempts at manual set up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jasper27 wrote:

I did not remove the cameras but did remove the smarthub which may have been the mistake. 

If the cameras are still in the account, then delete them now.

You can also try a hardware reset - opening the cameras and holding down the button inside until the LEDs flash amber.  That takes ~ 15 seconds.

Try my.arlo.com if the app continues to fail - sometimes that works when the app fails.

Jasper27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the cameras to sync direct to the WiFi but not the smarthub. I then removed them to switch to smarthub as the instructions say but would not connect. I assume the cameras were connected to the smarthub before changing internet providers but sure. If not why do I need the smarthub? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jasper27 wrote:

why do I need the smarthub? 

There are three features  for Pro 4 cameras that require it:

• local storage (saving recordings to a usb drive or microsd card on the base).  Either in addition to a subscription or instead of a subscription.
  • Homekit
  • Continuous Video Recording (CVR) - which requires its own subscription, a base, and powering your camera from a charge 24x7.

If you don't care about those features, then you can just leave the cameras connected to your home wifi and simplify your setup.

Jasper27
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is the cameras don't sync up with the smart hub and there has been no solution offered to remedy the issue. Is there a number I can call or any further suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to at least power cycle (unplug) the hub to see if that helps. Alternatively, it's possible that you may need to reset the hub to get things working.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Jasper27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've reset, unplugged, all of the above. The hub and the cameras. That's the " go to" for all issues but no remedy.

I keep thinking Arlo might chime in with a solution but it looks like they insulate themselves pretty well from any issues.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation