Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ss133
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Hi,

I have a arlo 4 in my backyard. After the free sub i made new sub on the camera so it can record. But now the Activity zone is broken. Now when my neighvours Open their Doors my spotlight turns on but doesnt record. How do I stop it from turning on the spotlight outside the activity zone??

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think you can since activity zones are processed by the servers after the recording is made. Repositioning the camera to eliminate the door would likely be the solution. Post a screenshot of the camera view with a full desciption of what's around the camera should you reposition it would be useful for suggestions.

Ss133
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230722_144502_Arlo Secure.jpg

 this is the view. And it turns on the light when someone is going on the pavement. It Did not do this in the begining when i had the free sub so its possiblr to avoid this  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a tough situation. My next step would be to remove the camera from your account and set it back up as before to see if that helps. No guarantees.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, the camera spotlight will turn on whenever the camera detects motion and streams the recording to the cloud.   When on battery power, the activity zones are applied in the Arlo Cloud (so the spotlight will come on whether the motion is in-zone or not).

If you can get AC power to the camera, then that would help - since Activity Zones are processed in the camera when you apply AC power.

Other options:

• decrease motion senstivity
  • adjust camera position to reduce out-of-zone detections
  • turn off the spotlight, and just use nightvision (IR) after dark.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation