Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mojowad
Follower
Follower

Unbelievable.. having an issue with a spotlight not coming on when recording. Call customer service all they do is send me to an IT tech guy. And he tells me that it’s not working because I didn’t have a subscription to get the firmware upgraded, which I already have subscriptions to two cameras. He hangs up on me. I called back again they send me back to the IT tech guy and I explain to him that I don’t know what he is talking about and he said my trial period has ended and I have no idea how much the subscription is but I ask him why did the Spotlight work in the backyard and he said because it’s still under a trial. And when I explain to him that he was incorrect they were both for the same time he hangs up on me again. I have no idea how much his subscription is. I called and talk to the supervisor and once again they forward me to the IT guy who supposed to be calling me back 10 minutes ago and I want to talk to somebody else and I’m still here. Not sure why I have to pay a subscription for a hardware issue but whatever. The fact that someone keeps hanging up on me because they don’t want to listen to a customer tells you what kind of company you’re dealing with.I can’t even go online to find anything about the subscription that he’s talking about he just doesn’t wanna talk to me and we’ll hang up on me

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mojowad,

Arlo Pro 4 cameras require an Arlo Secure subscription for recordings to be saved to the library. Are you experiencing an issue with recordings saving to the library or just an issue with the spotlight engaging for those recordings?

If you already have a subscription, you should be seeing recordings in your library for your Arlo Pro 4 when it's Armed.

If you're simply experiencing an issue with the spotlight coming on, it could be due to the cameras ambient light sensor. If there is already sufficient light in the surrounding area, the spotlight won't automatically engage. Take a look here for more information: How does the spotlight on my Arlo camera work?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation