Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4’s Disconnecting from System / WiFi going off line

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cooss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was having trouble with my Pro 4 cameras randomly disconnecting and going offline from the WiFi even when the was a strong WiFi signal.  I moved cameras around and even replaced my WiFi extender thinking it might be dropping signal.  
After much frustration I found that the cameras, more than one often, dropping out had the smaller Arlo batteries, purchased from Best Buy, in them that I had purchased.  
This was the only common factor. I reinstalled the original larger batteries that came with the Arlo cameras and have not had a problem with the cameras disconnecting sense. At this point I am just assuming that the smaller batteries might have a contact connection issue.  I have not actually gotten out my calipers and micrometers to do measurements but seems to only common factor.  You can remove the battery and reinstall and the cameras will reconnect but what good is that if you are a couple hundred miles from home working.

I feel I have wasted money buying these smaller batteries as backup’s. Where can the original size batteries be purchased?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cooss wrote:

I feel I have wasted money buying these smaller batteries as backup’s. 

This is confusing because there is no smaller battery for the Pro 4. 

Did you purchase the Pro 4 XL (VMC4052P label inside the camera)?  If so, you should probably purchase the smaller camera housings and use those when you are using the smaller batteries.  I'm thinking that using the normal battery in the XL housing will result in the battery slipping some, and losing its connection.

@Cooss wrote:

Where can the original size batteries be purchased?

If you purchased the Pro XL cameras, then you can get the battery here:

This does come with a housing that you don't need though.

Oneharriscot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem with one camera disconnecting from WiFi.  I did the recommendation in support by  removing the device from your account and reinstalling.  Still had a problem with "finding the device".  Another blog stream recommended logging into your account on a computer and activating it online.  It worked for me so it's worth a try.   

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation