Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Blinking amber after new battery, re-synch and scanned.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
busguy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4 went offline after a thunderstorm. I uninstalled and tried to re-install the device.  But ran into problems seeing the quick flashing amber light when trying to get it to re-install. I installed a new freshly charged battery, re-synched getting good flashing blue light, scanned in on the OCR, got good contact tune on the Pro 4, light flashed blue, system tried to find my camera, then amber light flashed 2-3 times very quickly. Couldn't find my camera. What next please>>>>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
busguy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep your old phones!!!!!  I tried re-installing my Pro4 on my Mac laptop and also on my new Samsung phone.  I know my new phone has 5G capability.  And I know you say to install on a 2.4 GHZ device. But that shouldn't inhibit my laptop performance. I was able to get the sync and following chime on both.  But my system never found the camera.  I dug out my old Samsung S8+.  Recharged the phone.  And install went perfectly right away.  I was able to add my device. And can now see it on all of my devices including my laptop and my new Samsung phone.  Don't know how that all works.  But, Poof!!  It does!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
busguy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. When I first lost the camera we were having a lightning storm.  So I removed it to re-install.  I had to re-sync it before my OCR would get it to respond.  I removed the battery, then  replaced it with a new fully charged battery.  I went to my Device list to add the new device.  Followed the prescribed procedure.  Removed the battery and re-installed it.   Blue light was flashing fine.  So i pointed it at the OCR. The camera chimed like it was supposed to. The blue light continued to flash while my system was trying to find it. Then the Amber light flashed either 2 or 3 times real fast.  Then the camera light went blank.  And my system couldn't find the camera.

busguy65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep your old phones!!!!!  I tried re-installing my Pro4 on my Mac laptop and also on my new Samsung phone.  I know my new phone has 5G capability.  And I know you say to install on a 2.4 GHZ device. But that shouldn't inhibit my laptop performance. I was able to get the sync and following chime on both.  But my system never found the camera.  I dug out my old Samsung S8+.  Recharged the phone.  And install went perfectly right away.  I was able to add my device. And can now see it on all of my devices including my laptop and my new Samsung phone.  Don't know how that all works.  But, Poof!!  It does!

Oneharriscot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem. My camera is indoors and it was working yesterday.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that using a computer to onboard the camera may work better.

Oneharriscot
Aspirant
Aspirant

surprisingly, that worked.  Doesn't make since.  Maybe it is a software glitch that needs to be updated by Arlo Tech.

thanks for your help 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation