Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BAW318
Follower
Follower

Hi I just got a arlo pro 4. I can't get my cameras, which I charged, to connect. I can't find any phone support. I am about to send them back.

39 REPLIES 39
bstone01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update for my situation. I took the camera to my house (the issue was with my in-laws wi-fi) and I just kept trying to connect it to my base station. After a week of trying it ultimately connected. Once it was functional I was able to take it back to my in-laws and install.
kvandenbos
Initiate
Initiate
So if it gets cold it quits working? We live in Northern MT and see below zero a lot of the winter.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kvandenbos wrote:
So if it gets cold it quits working? We live in Northern MT and see below zero a lot of the winter.

The battery stops charging at freezing to protect it, its chemistry. The cams  are rated to work to -4F. They shut down but it doesn't damage them. 

Rjstroebel
Tutor
Tutor

Your NOT alone. Taking mine back to Costco before the free 90-day return policy ends.

Without more info I can only speculate

Req#1 - The cameras have to be connected to a 2.4 Ghz wifi. any higher wifi router will NOT connect.

If your router supports it, create a 2.4 ghz guest network and connect the cameras to that 2.4 ghz network. They mist always be connected to a 2.4 ghz network to connect.

I have netgear ORBI mesh wifi6 which is 5G and they no longer provide creating sub-networks BUT...By turning on the "GUEST WIFI" and connecting cameras to the ORBI "GUEST" network the cameras will connect as the guest ntwk apparently is 2.4 ghz.

Over all these arlo cameras are not living up to my needs.

CONS

- Placing them outside 25 ft from hub (STRONG) Signal detected in mild San Diego winter weather they miss motion sensing at night when the temp dipped to 45 for 2 nights.

- Motion detection recording is WEAK. Most times the target will get 10+ feet deep into the "Activity Zone" before starting recording.

- Notification is SLOW - Most times the notification is at best 8 seconds, worst 15 seconds AFTER target is in motion sensing zone.  This is a show stopper for me. Again, the connection signal is STRONG, no firewall settings preventing router to delay. Its the cameras.

- Zoming in on LIVE or recorded target is a joke. From just 10 feet away and zooming in on face the only identifiable attributes are SEX, RACE, Facial hair, clothing color. At only 15 frames\second recording, this is the norm for all 15\fps cameras.

I'm taking these back to costco for a full refund and upgrading to a comercial WIRED system

SuperheroRobot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done the exact same thing with the same result. After the QR code I can see that the camera is connected to my Airport Capsule, my phone is on the same 2.5 network, after the QR code the blue light stops blinking and my phone never finds the Camera. So these cameras are junk then?

ctawny03
Aspirant
Aspirant
ctawny03
Aspirant
Aspirant
KV_GR
Initiate
Initiate

i have the same issue after having tried all the same things. I feel disappointed since i should have read the threads before buying the cameras. What a waste... i am returning back 

SuperheroRobot
Aspirant
Aspirant

After about a dozen tries I am now able to use the Camera. I used the browser instead of the app, still took about 5 tries. It appears that the camera is turning off after the QR scan, it stays on for a short amount of time so I made sure to quickly get to the next step. I got to the update, but that gave me a fail message. So I started over and that time it said the camera was up to date, so the update worked but the website feedback was faulty. The camera is working well.

I am using an Airport Capsule, FYI.

SuperheroRobot
Aspirant
Aspirant

in the Airport Capsule I turned off 5ghz so that all my devices were connected the same. I did this from the start though, even during all the fails.

stevettocs
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo replaced my camera that wasn't connecting and it works fine along with my other two cameras that never had a problem.

stephjost
Aspirant
Aspirant
Needler
Tutor
Tutor
Resolved through call centre contact and instructions.
Seemed simple?!
I might have been holding the reset button too long each time...but really don't know why it seemed so easy with the call centre operators instructions.
The only other difference was forgetting and re-connecting to the WiFi access point.
Good luck.
holly580129192
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wifi password was changed so I had to re-configure my cameras. I spent a couple of hours on doing it but each time it ended in failure. I then worked (using chat) with Arlo's support team, two people. I spend another two hours with them but nothing had changed until i saw this post. Someone mentioned that to reset you need to push the reset button until the LED flashing an amber light three times. I followed just that. bingo! it worked. The KEY is to press down the reset (or sync) button until the LED flashing an amber light THREE TIMES.

Go ahead to try that. You are welcome!

CJLfromATL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats