Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 XL spot light turned on  without recording due to car headlights

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hg2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone have the problem of Pro 4 camera the has its spot light turned on  without recording when the car headlight flashing on to the detect area of the camera? How to mitigate this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hg2121 wrote:

Anyone have the problem of Pro 4 camera the has its spot light turned on  without recording when the car headlight flashing on to the detect area of the camera? How to mitigate this problem?

Does this happen when activity zones are turned off?

hg2121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Answer is no. If I turn spotlight off, will it be able to auto turn on when the object in the zone? Or recording in B&W?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hg2121 wrote:

. If I turn spotlight off, will it be able to auto turn on when the object in the zone? Or recording in B&W?

If you want the spotlight to turn on when the camera detects motion at night, then you need to leave the spotlight enabled in the low light settings.  That's what that setting is for.

hg2121
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, Stephen.
I had the motion detect is set at 60 instead of 100 as default. I thought this help faulty trigger the spotlight but it seemed not effect. What is your recommend?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hg2121 wrote:
I had the motion detect is set at 60 instead of 100 as default. 

I believe the default is actually 80.

I'm thinking you set the threshold in the motion detection test.  That is just a test - the real threshold is set in the camera rules.  In case you don't know how to adjust it, the information is here:  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation