Arlo pro 4 in Thailand

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rob_Thai
Follower
Follower

I ordered 6 Arlo Pro 4 camera’s from Amazon. I am living in Thailand. I tried to buy the subscription but i could not find any options to subscribe. After checking i assume the options are not available for me as Arlo Secure does not work in Thailand. Do you guys have any suggestions? Now i have 6 camera’s that can of which i can only watch the footage LIVE, I am not able to record anything. I would appreciate any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rob_Thai wrote:

Now i have 6 camera’s that can of which i can only watch the footage LIVE, I am not able to record anything. I would appreciate any suggestions.

There are two things you could do.

One is to use a VPN that terminates in the US (or some other country where subscriptions are offered), and to use a credit card with a billing address in that country.  I don't know for sure if that will work, but at least some folks in the forum have successfully done that in the past.

The second option is to purchase a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub, and use direct access to local storage. https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it  There are several restrictions on that feature, so it isn't as useful as a subscription.  But it would give you access to recordings in the app.  One aspect here is that these smarthubs are hard to find at the moment.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation