Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 (VMC4041P) will not connect to wi-fi

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jabatinski
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I have 3 x Pro 4 (NMC4350P) cameras and until 3-4 days ago, all were working by connecting directly to the wi-fi. I have a Netgear mesh setup so the signal is strong all through the apartment. I also have 2 baby monitors connected to the same 2.4 GHz network. Recently, all 3 x Pro 4 cameras went offline and will not connect.

I have reset the modem, the wifi router, and factory reset all cameras. When I try to connect the Pro 4 cameras to the same network, following the prompts in the app (Android on Moto G6), all is good until I get the chime, then the blue led flashes roughly 6 times then stops, the app continues to "search for cameras" and after several minutes, fails to find the camera. I perform the steps for each camera separately to avoid connectivity of bandwidth issues.

I have done this several times per camera with the same result. None of the Pro 4 cameras will connect. Although the 2 baby monitors are still connected to the network and have no issues with those.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove the cameras from Settings, My Devices?

jabatinski
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there, yes I also removed the cameras from my devices.

Jmarsden
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same issues now and can’t seem to find an answer online anywhere. Did you find a fix? I’m really struggling here.
Rahulmy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue! Did you manage to find a fix? My cameras are out of the returns window at this point and I really don't want expensive paperweights.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all of you using mesh networks? Are they all set to use the same SSID for both bands?

Kenbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here with my Pro 4’s…full wifi signal and yet 2 of my cams consistently disconnect during the evening and during the day they‘ll reconnect.  At first I thought it was somehow because they’re both solar powered and yet I have another cam that is also solar powered and no issues. The cam I can reach, if I pop out the battery and reinsert I’ll get it back online…it’ll stay connected for a week and then it disconnects again (this is the one closest to the router too). I’m running a Eero Pro mesh, gigabit speed, and SSID for both 2.4 and 5ghz are the same (can’t change it, they are the same name). 

grahamin98338
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 new Pro 4 wifi connect cameras. I'm using an mifi 2000 inseego to connect to internet. The cameras blink blue, they scan the qr code and chime. They connect to the mifi device as I can see them on the device. The problem is on my smart phone arlo app, they don't get recognized in the arlo app/on my phone or on my PC.

I made sure the MIFI was on 2.4 only as required and made sure the camera and smart phone were connected to that SSID only.

So why would it be recognized on the mifi device as being connected, but the app won't recognize and load the cameras? 

Very frustrating. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation