Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4. Is there a way to program so it shuts off during the day and turns on a night?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kathys3115
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to program when the pro 4 camera shuts off and comes back on. I would like to save some battery life by not using it during the day. Or do I just need to go into the app and turn it off and on manually?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathys3115 wrote:

Is there a way to program when the pro 4 camera shuts off and comes back on. I would like to save some battery life by not using it during the day. Or do I just need to go into the app and turn it off and on manually?

You can disarm/arm the camera on a schedule - which will save some battery because it won't be recording anything.

DaOtherOne
Apprentice
Apprentice

A feature like this and a feature to schedule camera resets would be nice to have. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kathys3115, DaOtherOne

Take a look at the instructions for setting up a schedule here: https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account

JamesC

DaOtherOne
Apprentice
Apprentice

I want to schedule a restart of the camera not turn the motion sensors off and on.

I am experiencing issues with the camera disconnecting from the Arlo servers.  A reset of the camera seems to make the problem go away for a couple of days.  If I could reset the cameras every day it would be a work around for the problems I am having. I am doing this manually and it's a PITA.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation