Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Can't Update my Time Zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ddouc
Follower
Follower

Our time zone is set to Bogota, Lima, Quito. When I try to change this it will not allow me to do click on it. It is greyed out and we are unable to correct to US Eastern Time Zone. Any suggestions? Thank you! 

ddouc_0-1679438204504.png

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ddouc wrote:

Our time zone is set to Bogota, Lima, Quito. When I try to change this it will not allow me to do click on it.

For some reason, Arlo decided they would set the time zone based on the address of the location.  That doesn't seem to be working in all cases.  IMO, a bad decision on their part.  

Options are

1. Try changing the address to another one in the Eastern Time Zone.  Maybe use a well-known address (1 Penn Plaza, NY,NY?). That should set the time zone correctly.  If that changes it correctly, then try changing it back.
  2. Contact support (using phone support in the app), and see if they can change it for you.
  3. Delete the current location, and create a new one.  DON'T give it an address (and don't add it later on)..  Then you will be able to change the timezone later on.  You will need to re-onboard the cameras, and it likely will affect your subscription (which is per location).

I suggest starting with the first option.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation