Pro 4 Camera power drain higher than others

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SteveF-93933
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed 9 new Pro 4 cameras in Jan 2023. 6 of the 9 cameras are installed outdoors and are connected to solar panels. Recently one camera has developed a high power drain and the solar panel was unable to keep the battery fully charged. The camera would drop to less than 10% in about a week. I swapped out the solar panel with a new one thinking that may have been the issue. However, there was no change to the power usage. Is this a known issue? Is there any fix for it?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try cleaning both sides of the magnetic connector to see if that helps. Do you see a battery icon with a lightning bolt across it when it should be charging?

SteveF-93933
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, cleaned the contacts and the power drain was still high. I swapped it with another camera that was in a low motion area and it is keeping up. The camera I switched it with keeps up with the charge. Possibly that camera was just using too much power when it had a motion detection.  Odd that it just started recently, after running flawlessly for over a year. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation