Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Aayushman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear team,
I recently bought 6 Arlo PRO 5 cameras and the Arlo Smart Hub and I have been using them regularly for a month in my house.
After a month had passed, I found that many features such as the video recording feature were no longer available, they were blocked on my app and the app asked me to pay for the membership. I was shocked because I thought you only had to pay a subscription for the Arlo Cloud, I mean, that's what it said when I first started my app. This is exactly why I bought the Arlo Smart Hub, so that I can save the recordings locally and thus am not forced to pay for the subscription as well.

My questions to you are:

1.)  Is there a way to record videos via the Smart Hub and then access the videos there (without taking out this subscription)? If not, what is the point of a Smart Hub if I am forced to pay for a subscription anyway and would have access to the cloud anyway?

2.) Is an Arlo subscription mandatory to manage the cameras?

Please help me with the questions.

--
Best regards,

Aayushman Sinha

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aayushman wrote:

2.) Is an Arlo subscription mandatory to manage the cameras?

No, but cloud storage is not the only subscription feature. You also lose activity zones and smart notifications

@Aayushman wrote:

1.)  Is there a way to record videos via the Smart Hub and then access the videos there (without taking out this subscription)?

See this:

Aayushman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your so quick response.

So... am I forced to buy the subscription to unlock the video recording feature of the cameras, even if I would store the recordings locally on the Smart Hub?

Is there no way around the subscription, I mean I already spent my money on the cameras and the Smart Hub, do I really need to buy the subscription, only to be able to use my cameras for video recording?

My model is Arlo PRO 5

Regards,

Aayushman Sinha

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aayushman wrote:

So... am I forced to buy the subscription to unlock the video recording feature of the cameras, even if I would store the recordings locally on the Smart Hub?

No, and I didn't say that.  Read this again:

It describes how to get local storage to work without a subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation