Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Battery

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Graham_H
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 4 which i received as part of a beta test group for Arlo, lately the battery has been playing up. For instance the device went offline on Tuesday night with 51% battery, i've just took the camera down and managed to bring it back online after plugging it in and the app said 51% battery, then the next time i've gone to the app to check if its charging its on 7%. So it would appear that something somewhere is misreporting the battery level?

I have it plugged into the Arlo solar panel but in the UK that only ever seems to work in Summer time when there's blazing sunshine directly firing at the solar panel, is that right?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would check the internal contacts... maybe wipe them carefully with a pencil eraser couple of times...

As to solar, past tests show charging is fairly good a few hours before and after max full sun ( yes it does taper a bit )

Solar panel should be at angle close or equal to the latitude of your home (on a south-facing roof), somewhere between 30 degrees and 45 degrees ( US )

Below freezing, the battery will not charge to prevent damage

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation