Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

This might be a complete fluke but this morning i removed my 'Friend' from the 'Grant Access' section of the App (I'm using an iPhone). As soon as I did this I started receiving push notifications from the cameras again.

All cameras in the set up are now responding as I would like. The downside to this, is that only one phone/ handset is able to get the notifications. If I'm away, and partner at home then they have no idea if one of that cameras is triggered.

44 REPLIES 44
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your partner's phone settings for the app allows all notifications.

USAUSER
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’d also like to know about a fix. Haven’t been receiving push notifications for weeks.  

BeaconServices
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are experiencing the same issue. The push notifications come through without issue when the main account is logged in on the phone. As soon as a secondary account with access logs in, the push notifications stop for everyone. 

I am NOT going to factory reset my cameras. This is obviously a very known issue with Arlo and it is reproducible. Since only one person can log into the main account at a time, Arlo needs to find a fix for this. What is the point of having security cameras that don't provide security alerts when you need them? 

BeaconServices
Aspirant
Aspirant

Completely re-createable. Account 1 is logged into the main account on phone 1. Notifications send solidly non stop. Account 2 logs into their linked account on phone 2, and instantly, the notifications stop for account/phone 1. Literally nothing. 30 minutes later, account/phone2 logs out of the app on the phone, and within seconds, account/phone 1 is receiving notifications again. Repeated three times. This is not a camera thing. It's a software thing. 

Csherlock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey guys, I’m having the same problem. I just got my arlo pro 4 cameras today and push notifications were working fine on my phone until I added my girlfriend to allow access to her as well. As soon as I added her, no more notifications on my phone, and she doesn’t receive any either. This doesn’t seem like a great start to things, and I am already starting to regret the purchase. The fact that the notifications were working fine makes it apparent that it isn’t anything on my end in my settings, and it doesn’t seem like something that any kind of reset would fix. Has anyone figured out a fix yet?

Huckle2
Aspirant
Aspirant

This software issue might have been a deal breaker for me had I known about this prior to making my purchase. Two Pro4 and doorbell. Not cheap but they work good. I replaced my ring doorbell because of night vision issue they have.

I hope Arlo can get a fix and release a software update on the mobile app soon. As it is, my wife simply does not log in so at least I can get the push notifications.  All settings are correct. Mobile app software has been re-installed. Like many others stated, push notifications come immediately once the guest logs out.

Please get this fixed. I'm in my 3 month trial period and will have to think hard about giving up any more $$$ once it ends.

Troutman1922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to let everyone know that I too was having the same issue that everybody else on this board was experiencing until this morning. When I logged into the main account and clicked on the grant access link to see if something was changed, I noticed that I had two friends added with the same name. When I clicked on one of them, I saw an old email account that was no longer active. I removed that friend from the list and all push notifications starting working instantly on all devices that have granted access. Hope this helps.

Troutman1922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to let everyone know that I too was having the same issue that everybody else on this board was experiencing until this morning. When I logged into the main account and clicked on the grant access link to see if something was changed, I noticed that I had two friends added with the same name. When I clicked on one of them, I saw an old email account that was no longer active. I removed that friend from the list and all push notifications starting working instantly on all devices that have granted access. Hope this helps.

shizam_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just put up 3 Arlo Pro 4s and notifications were fine. I then added my wife so she can pull up cams and since then nobody gets notifications.

Should I pull these down and return them??? Along with the solar panels I bought?? 

Mustang196t8
Tutor
Tutor

I found a workaround/compromise for this issue (I still see this is a problem in 2023 - i just set up my Wired doorbell 2 days ago and gave access to a second account ("People") - and once I did that, neither of us got notifications - even if the doorbell was pushed.

I went into the "Settings" (person icon in upper left of app) - then went to "People", then clicked on the person I added at pressed "Allow Access Rights" to turn it OFF - "Audio and Video Doorbell Calls" is still ON. Once I did this, we both received notifications. I guess this will not allow second account to Share or Delete Recordings, but my main concern was the notifications. Hopefully this is the same or similar for Cameras as well (I only have a doorbell right now). I have an Android phone if this makes any difference.

I only installed the app and camera 2 days ago. I cleared cache, data on App. Deleted access to second account, re-added. Restarted Doorbell - still to no avail. I did no bother trying to update or delete/reinstall app since I just installed it 2 days ago. The only thing that restored notifications after adding a second account is what I described above.

Very sad this is a software issue that persists. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Hopefully this can help someone who is spending a LOT of time trying to fix this like I was.

shizam_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, this is freaking me out.  I just fixed it.  Similar to @Mustang196t8 I went into the ARLO app on my android phone (I've got 3 Arlo Pro 4 outdoor cams), clicked the "person icon" in the upper left on the devices "tab".  I clicked on "People" and then clicked my location (which happens to say "Home").  In that, there is a toggle switch that says "Allow Access Rights" (the name and email of the person that you allowed access to is listed at the top of this screen).  I toggled it OFF.  I left all three checkmarks next to all 3 of my cams below the access rights toggle.  I clicked SAVE in the upper right and exited out.  My notifications are now working...AND my wife's notifications are also working!  We are getting them on our separate phones at the same time, even though I toggled off her access rights.  

ARLO software has to be really hosed.  This is crazy.  But, we are now both getting notifications, with this setting she shouldn't be.

greenbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my case, it's not a device issue. Normally each event (movement) also triggers a recording. There is no new recording since the alerts stopped working, and I did not filter out the events.

Lisa2635
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Mustang!  My spouse and I are both getting notifications.  Hopefully, they'll fix this in the software AND fix the useless, too-quiet, speaker issue.

TW96
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s Feb 6, 2023. I just purchased cameras yesterday. These problems are still occurring. When will this be fixed? This is defeating the purpose of me buying thee cameras for my family. No one can tell if what’s going on because no one gets any notifications.

Wraiith33
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed Arlo Pro 4 cameras and I am experiencing the same issue. The only phone that gets push notifications is mine. The rest of the family members do not. They can go into the application, see the cameras, etc., they just do not receive notification.

I have opened a support ticket and waiting on a resolution.

If this does not get resolved, I'll be returning this product.

TW96
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to troubleshoot. I deleted all users except myself. After doing this I was receiving push notifications again. I then added one user at a time with restricted access, (they could only see videos). 

when they clicked the link to accept the invitation they only logged in once. After logging in another screen came up to login again. We did not login the second time in the second screen

I then tested to see if we both got notifications and we did. I then allowed emergency access and dispatch rights to the first family member. Followed by me testing if we both get notifications. We did. 

I repeated what I did above with another family member. All devices now get push notifications. 

Steps to follow
1. Delete all people given access completely
2. Check to see if you get notifications(you should. If not I don’t know what’ll help from here)
3. Add one family member, only allowing them to see cameras
4. Have family member click link to accept invite
5. Only login one time. It will prompt two logins. Do NOT login the second time
6. Check your phone to see that the “pending” status disappears from that family/friend
7. Test to see if you both get push notifications
8. Allow emergency access and dispatch rights
9. Test for push notifications again
10. Repeat for additional friends/family

Note: my family member never logged out even though I deleted them to start these steps. They started getting notifications once added again on my end(primary user) followed by them accepting the new invite.

I hope this isn’t confusing and helps.
Wraiith33
Initiate
Initiate

Holy cow... that actually worked. The only thing I did differently from the previous times attempting was skipping that second log-in.

I did it on 2 of the 3 devices I was having the problem with and they are now receiving notifications.

TW96
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad it worked! 2 thumbs up! Hopefully more people see this and everyone’s pleased.

TW96
Aspirant
Aspirant

You should add your step by step resolution on what you did. lol should be much smaller than my instructions. 

Johnny87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Just started yesterday

Discussion stats