Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
conwaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems every few months i have a connection with one or other of my arlo pro 4 cameras - usually after charging. 

This time the camera went offline on the app and i cant get it back online - i go through the procedure for resetting so remove the camera from the app and follow the steps to hard reset the camera following the steps in line below

How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

I never get an amber blinking amber light - it is always just a slow blinking blue - have gone through a lot of similar articles on the forum with suggestions but pressing the sync button for 15 seconds doesn't produce the flashing amber light what are the next steps.

I have removed and readded the battery and tried several times. 

5 REPLIES 5
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.

conwaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

This just takes me around in loops of looking through community articles with instructions that arent working, there is no option to contact support and no option to even raise a ticket to speak to anyone.  After a frustrating few days of searching for what should be a simple process I simply gave up - I will have to replace at some point but wont be going with arlo again as this is not the first time I have had this issue and after sales support seems non-existent 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@conwaw wrote:

This just takes me around in loops of looking through community articles with instructions 

Scroll down below that to the "Contact" section.  Then if you have a subscription, select "Phone". 

conwaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this took me to a chatbot virtual assistant who went in even wider loops - there are a tonne of similar articles where the reset procedure doesn't work - suspect there is some firmware crash issue as I never see an amber light and all I ever see is a slow blinking blue - something I have seen others also complain about - that being said not going to waste anymore time on this - 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@conwaw wrote:

Yes this took me to a chatbot virtual assistant

I didn't say to choose "chat"...

I suggested choosing "phone" - which will connect you to a person.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation