Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RGrele
Tutor
Tutor

Something happened today with the Local Storage recordings on my VMB4540r3 hub. Motion recordings show the gray box with download arrow icon, however, when selected, nothing happens.

I use a VPN (ZeroTier) which, when away from home, for years has always produced flawless results.

The Arlo app is installed on various Android Pixel phones. I currently use the Pixel 8 Pro. But I tried to view the recordings on an older Pixel 4a5g and Pixel 6. No joy.

What could have caused this?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RGrele wrote:

Something happened today with the Local Storage recordings on my VMB4540r3 hub. Motion recordings show the gray box with download arrow icon, however, when selected, nothing happens.

I use a VPN (ZeroTier) which, when away from home, for years has always produced flawless results.

Does the problem only happen when you are using the VPN?

RGrele
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot confirm this at the present time as I am away from home. However, for the past two days I have had this problem using the aforementioned VPN.

Later today the problem seems to have resolved itself with no intervention on my part.

I will update this thread if the issue returns.  

RGrele
Tutor
Tutor

Spoke too soon, the problem is back again. I can receive motion notifications, and I can view live feeds on all 11 cameras remotely, but when I click on the link for the hub storage video recordings.... Nothing.

Weird. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RGrele 

I see your devices are offline, are you still experiencing these symptoms? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation