Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

92 REPLIES 92
yemi_del_este
Star
Star

One of my 4 cameras stopped saving clips to the SD card on my base station. I get the alerts on my phone but when I check the SD card through the app there are no clips. I see the files from all of my other cameras. I power cycled the camera. Didn't help. Any know how to fix it?

Product: 4MC4040P

Base station: VMB4540

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You selected the VMB4500 which doesn't have the ability to show recordings via the app - only the 4540 and 5000 hubs support this. You must safely Eject the drive from your base for viewing on a computer.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You selected the VMB4500 which doesn't have the ability to show recordings via the app - only the 4540 and 5000 hubs support this. You must safely Eject the drive from your base for viewing on a computer.

FWIW, the text in @yemi_del_este's post says

• Product: VMC4040P
  • Base station: VMB4540

But the only base with an SD slot is the VMB5000.

@yemi_del_este - please do check the model of the camera and the base, and confirm what you have.

I'd first eject the storage and connect it to a PC. Then confirm that there are no recordings for the problem camera, but there are for the others.

Assuming that is the case, then I suggest doing a hardware reset on the camera.  

1. remove it from the account
  2. remove the camera from the housing and press sync until the LED flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  3. add the camera back to the account.

Step 2 assumes a Pro 3/Pro 4/Pro 5 or Ultra camera.

yemi_del_este
Star
Star

I have the 4540. (It wasn't available in the dropdown list when I created the post and I was required to put something, so I chose the closest option). 

yemi_del_este
Star
Star

Oh, I see the confusion. I meant to say USB drive not SD card. Thanks. 

Yes, I have a 4540. 

I'll try removing the device and reinstalling. Thanks. 

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

Woke up this morning to find one of my yard flags has been stolen and when I went to check the cameras, other than a single IFTT scheduled recording, nothing had been saved to my library since yesterday afternoon. IFTT is supposed to record every 30-minutes, but only a single run worked. None of the motion triggered cameras worked, even though they normally record every few minutes. I've restarted all of the cameras multiple times this morning, but only the doorbell records motion. I can manually view and record from any of the other cameras, but they won't detect and record motion. So frustrating to pay the steep subscription to only have the system fail exactly when you need it to.

DeviDarkL
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem. No recordings or notifications since two days ago. I have tried everything, reseting the camera, testing motion sensor (which works), can access the camera and the feed but no recording whatsoever or motion detection with push notification.

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

Pretty obvious that Arlo made a server side update that broke their system again, and now all of us users get to play the testing game with their first line support who are kept in the dark about the real issue. Given that they broke it on Friday before Memorial Day weekend, it won't get an engineer to look at it until Tuesday, if we are lucky.

DeviDarkL
Tutor
Tutor

Meanwhile we are unprotected... but yes, this is something on their side. 

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

I discovered that my cameras were not working while trying to investigate a probable theft from my yard, so yeah, not protected 

yemi_del_este
Star
Star

Update:

Removed the device then tried to re-sync it however the app is not detecting it. I am not able to re-add it. 

I also started another thread because after I started this one I encountered more issues. 3 of my 4 cams are now "offline". First they were flashing blue, now they are flashing amber. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Blue-light-flashing-Pro3/m-p/2335409#M15879

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

During the same time period of these posts, my system continues to work normally. Where are you guys located since location may be an issue? Are all of you using the Pro 4 the OP shows he's using?

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

It's both of my Pro4 and Pro3 Floodlight cameras, and I'm in Utah

DeviDarkL
Tutor
Tutor

PRO4. I am located in Portugal, European Union. It was working fine until Friday. It still does not work, just tested it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So it's an issue not just in the US or EU. I don't have a Pro 4 but my Pro 3, Pro 5 and Pro 3 floodlight continue to work properly. Try removing one camera and add it back as a test - any improvement?

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

I've actually removed all of my cameras (except the doorbell which continues to work) and readded the Pro4's multiple times. It's really weird because locally the camera acts normal. It passes the movement tests, I can connect to it live and record manually. The spotlights on both Pro4's turn on at night when there's motion. They just won't record automatically when there is motion, nor does the one setup to record hourly via IFTT do so, other than three widely separated instances on Sunday. All I am getting from support is to repeatedly remove and readd the cameras and they keep telling me that the cameras show as offline from their end, while I am actively watching a live feed. I'm just about done with Arlo.

DeviDarkL
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same problem. Readding cameras does not solve the problem. I also noticed that push notifications from Arlo App on iOS stopped working as well. While trying to login with a new PC it asked me a code that was sent to my phone by push. I did not received it... So, it's clearly an Arlo problem...

JasonKing
Guide
Guide

Good luck to you. I hope you are able to get your security system working again. As for me, I've given up on Arlo being able to fix this issue and have decided to move on to a different platform. Customer service just keeps having me do the same thing over and over again, asking the same questions with no regard for my time. I recommend to anyone considering using Arlo products to reconsider as they are not as reliable as one would expect. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JasonKing wrote:

nor does the one setup to record hourly via IFTT do so, other than three widely separated instances on Sunday..

Try removing Arlo from IFTTT (I've never used that so don't know the right words) to see if that makes a difference. Other folks over time have found the interaction with a 3rd party automation has caused issues. Whether reconnecting the system to that automation then works I have no idea.

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happening here. VMB4540r3 and Arlo Pro 4s seem to be just restarting all the time. No recordings, no notifications. Tried doing a turning off and On trick with the base station however still experiencing disconnection issues. Maybe this is server side?

eneny
Aspirant
Aspirant

How annoying...after updating to version 4.14 (iOS)I can no longer access my videos on my Ultra Hub from outside my local wifi, no connection through firewall, ...But strangely there is no problem accessing with another device that is not yet updated and is on version 4.13 (iOS and Android)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eneny wrote:

How annoying...after updating to version 4.14 (iOS)I can no longer access my videos on my Ultra Hub from outside my local wifi, no connection through firewall,

Do you mean access to local storage?

Are you using a VPN?  Or are you using port forwarding?

zoopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started getting this yesterday. same issue on the VMB4540r3.. all ports in my router are matching the ports in the app.. no idea why it stopped working. I'm unable to look at my videos too outside of being on my own wifi network.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you now seeing consistent recordings?