Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Txbakers
Guide
Guide

I purchased a Pro 4 camera (from Best Buy). It connected to my older Pro 2 hub and system and it works as advertised. My problem is the battery won’t charge. I tried to resolve this through tech support and did everything asked of me. Tech support finally told me to return the camera.  So, I ordered another Pro 4 to replace the first one.  This battery won’t charge either. I need suggestions please. Since only a magnetic charging cable is included, I’ve tried different USB charging blocks - a Netgear one that came with my Pro 2 system; an iPad block; and several power strips that have USB slots. I’ve taken the battery out, reinstalled it numerous times as well as unplugging/plugging in the USB many times. Do I HAVE to buy Arlo’s separate two-battery charger?  Sorry for the long post but I’m pretty frustrated. Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera shouldn't slide at all when fully inserted into the shell. I suspect that's your problem. I put both thumbs on the camera face and wrap fingers around the case to get it to click into place.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Very odd that multiple cameras/chargers don't work. I'd guess an issue with the magnetic connector - make sure it's clean and properly, fully seated.

Txbakers
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the connectors are brand new, very clean and the magnetic cable only connects one way.  The cameras slides forward and back some while locked into the outer shell. I’ve tried charging with the camera in either position but no luck. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera shouldn't slide at all when fully inserted into the shell. I suspect that's your problem. I put both thumbs on the camera face and wrap fingers around the case to get it to click into place.

Txbakers
Guide
Guide

jguerdat, thanks so much!  Your answer was a fantastic Christmas present!

The camera was not sitting fully in the shell.  I had pushed it in carefully until it stopped but not enough to make it "click."

It's charging now.  It's funny, everything else about the camera worked except the charging when not pushed fully in.

Thanks again!

dcfox1
Master
Master

I noticed that sometimes it takes more then one try until you can hear the "click" for the battery to seat right.  I did the same thing once when I first got the cams. 

Txbakers
Guide
Guide
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation