New Arlo app update Arrive/leave is not working

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
BillTucson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just migrated to new Arlo Secure, version as of 14 December 2022.  Geolocation does not work properly.  I have tried several alternative and spent about 2 hours on the chat line.  The geolocation section shows people from a previous version (I think) and I cannot see who they are and cannot delete them to start over.  They appear to be unrelated to the people who have access to my account.  It will turn on if my phone moves out of the zone but will not turn on if other people phones move out of the home zone.  I dont want it to work unless 2 people leave the home zone.

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Capsgator
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don’t know of it’s the same scenario the original poster is mentioning but I can’t seem to get the new app to recognize when I leave or arrive through geofencing.  This worked fine in the old app.  In the new app I can use the “test” functionality and all actions work as expected.  However when I leave the house, none of them trigger.

I tried to find a way to delete or update the devices that trigger the geofencing rules but I cant find anywhere to do it.

linuxsurfer
Tutor
Tutor

I am having this issue. Currently, I have only my phone selected in geofencing settings, and the "Leave" automation works and properly sets "Arm away". But once I return, nothing happens. I have to manually set to Standby, despite having an automation set up to do the same.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure it will help but try increasing the radius for geofencing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @linuxsurfer 

Did you happen to receive my PM?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@linuxsurfer Just checking up with you, did you receive my previous private messages?

jamess61
Guide
Guide

After logging cases with Arlo support for the last two months I got this message today, "We are sending this update to inform you that your case is related to an ongoing issue with the automation device list discrepancy. Our Engineering team is already aware and is currently working on a fix. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We also want to assure you that we are monitoring this case closely and will definitely provide an update as soon as a resolution is available."

JLG00
Tutor
Tutor

Have you now had a resolution? I’ve had a extremely frustrating couple of days after purchasing some pro 5 cameras and being forced to upgrade my app,  from a geofence working system to one that doesn’t function with geofence at all and in which I’m fairly sure the settings just change themselves each time I go in to try and resolve the issue. I don’t think the new app is in the slightest bit intuitive but I’ve tried every possible combination without success. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JLG00 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation