Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My wife is unable to see cameras after accepting friend invite

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JDao0404
Aspirant
Aspirant

I sent a friend request to my wife. She created an account, and it shows that she has accepted on my account. I Granted her Administrative Rights and ALL cameras have been selected with a green checkmark for her to have access. When she logs in to her account on her phone app the only option for her is to Add New Device. She is unable to see any of our cameras or able to add them to her account. What is going on here? What am I missing, this should not be complicated.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JDao0404 wrote:

When she logs in to her account on her phone app the only option for her is to Add New Device. She is unable to see any of our cameras or able to add them to her account. What is going on here? What am I missing, this should not be complicated.

She likely either didn't accept the invite, or it didn't take.

Have her click on "create account" on a PC. That will open the browser to my.arlo.com. From there, she just needs to log into her account (no need to create another one).

JDao0404
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we logged out of her app, I resent a friend request, she received email, clicked link, logged in on PC, nothing on her account to suggest accept invite, add our cameras, no notifications, nothing. I have tried this multiple times, even switched browsers. Now my account says accept pending, I clicked edit to make sure everything is selected go back out, then it switched to accepted. But still she sees nothing on her account?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JDao0404 wrote:

I clicked edit to make sure everything is selected go back out, then it switched to accepted. But still she sees nothing on her account?

If it says accepted, then she should be seeing the cameras in the app (and the browser). Have you checked both?

DaniBPitaya
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've tried different email addresses, tried sending invite from the app on my phone, sending the invite from my laptop, accepting the invite from an app and accepting the invite from a laptop.  It will not give any other option besides add a new camera.  Invite says it has been accepted and when I delete and try to send another invite it won't let me.  It says that an invite has already been sent to that email.

Anyone have a number to call Arlo because this is getting beyond frustrating.

JaggerBeans
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having the same issue. We have tried deleting the invite and resending multiple times. I have also deleted my account and created a new one with different email addresses and still nothing. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JaggerBeans wrote:

We are having the same issue. We have tried deleting the invite and resending multiple times. I have also deleted my account and created a new one with different email addresses and still nothing. 

See this:

But be aware that there is no way back to the "Library" user experience once you switch to "Feed".  And there are several issues that folks here are reporting with the new "Feed" experience.

VBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same sharing issues mentioned here. Invite has been accepted but we are not able to see the cameras. Has anyone figured it out yet? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VBW wrote:

I am having the same sharing issues mentioned here. Invite has been accepted but we are not able to see the cameras. Has anyone figured it out yet? 

look at the link in the post just above yours.

Bikespace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I may not be accurate enough with the reply here, because I had the exact problem but it was 6 months back. I worked it out eventually. 
so bear with me as I try to detail it. 
essentially it was the difference between using the web interface and using the app. 
send the invite through and it will send a link, which takes you to the web site. Then there is a trust this device thing that automatically pushes you towards the app to accept it. Don’t carry on in the app. Go back to the web page to finish off the acceptance. Then you may have to close the app and restart. 
it’s messy but definitely related to using the web interface or using the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation