Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode change now sends notifications all of a sudden

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DouglasF1
Initiate
Initiate

Was able to change modes fine until this morning. Now it pushes alerts to phones. I dont want to wake the house when i let the dog out. Anyone else have this issue now? Customer chat was useless

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

DouglasF1,

This is a new feature, very recently introduced to alert users when the system state changes modes. At this time, this alert cannot be disabled but I will pass your feedback along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DouglasF1,

This is a new feature, very recently introduced to alert users when the system state changes modes. At this time, this alert cannot be disabled but I will pass your feedback along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

DouglasF1
Initiate
Initiate

thank you for confirming this was a recent software change by Arlo. While I am sure some folks would like to receive a notification everytime they make a change to their mode; you would think since this is a 'feature' the software developers would have realized this may be a unwanted 'feature' and provided a way to opt out or disable the new and improved 'feature'. Not very intuitive design IMO.

TheBS1
Initiate
Initiate

I would like to see an option to disable these notifications as well. 

Vienna
Tutor
Tutor

Yes this notification is annoying, every time I switch modes. I have even toggled it off in the event types, but no luck.

John_007
Initiate
Initiate

Is this fixed yet? This thread is SIX MONTHS OLD. I just upgraded my Arlo app and now I had to disable ALL notifications for Arlo which makes my system practically useless. If it did this before I went with Arlo I would have went with another system but now I'm stuck with what I've got here. If there is a ticket to fix this, you need to mark it a high priority.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation