Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CuJoe
Guide
Guide

Using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (android) phone. Arlo app version is 3.2_28350. Using Arlo Pro 4 with 3 cameras. Added a VMB4540 Smart hub.

I am not getting all notifications when motion is detected. I get most of them, but not all, so therefore the notification setting on my phone and in the Arlo app are set correctly.

It was much worse before I got the hub and had my phone set to the 2.4G band (Arlo install instructions told me to set phone to 2.4G band?? I set it back to 5G after initial Pro 4 install and notifications increased dramatically).

Videos are being recorded OK. I haven't been able to find a pattern as to when I don't receive a notification.

This is frustrating. I understand I may be getting contention issues from my neighbors I suppose. There's only 2 devices on my local 2.4G band (these devices don't do 5G). I don't have a lot of apps on my phone so I don't know why I'm not getting the notifications. I had an Arlo 2 right before I got the Pro 4 I don't remember having this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

By chance assuming you have a subscription do you have a certain category turned off in Smart Notifications setting( Animal, vehicle  ect). You would get the recording but not a notification. 

CuJoe
Guide
Guide

Thanks, dcfox1, for replying.

But, no, I have notifications set for everything.

I did notice, however, that a lot of times when there's no notification, the motion detected is actually the wind blowing a bush or tree in my yard. At first I thought that Arlo Smart was "smart" enough not to notify me if it wasn't a person, animal, or vehicle... but I don't think it's that smart.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CuJoe wrote:

At first I thought that Arlo Smart was "smart" enough not to notify me if it wasn't a person, animal, or vehicle... but I don't think it's that smart.

Those normally are classified as "all other motion", and you can turn that notification off.  It will still be recorded though.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation