Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Atv0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have just purchased a compatability USB for our Arlo Pro 4 Hub setup. We are trying to save video recordings on the USB and access via the App and getting the error message "There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo is working on the issue". I want to be clear we have a brand new hub and a brand new compatible USB 2.0 Cruzer we have three Arlo Pro 4 cameras and we are unable to see the videos under storage settings after following the instructions to explicitly. I'm on the same wifi with my phone as the hub and still getting the same messages. Please help with how to avoid this problem because it is unfair and unsafe that Arlo is doing this to so many people bait and switched by their product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Atv0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

No this did not work either. I was looking into this on different forums and learned that you must have the camera hub directly connected to the modem and not a router. I switched the camera hub directly to the router and was able to see the thumbnails of recordings made on any of the cameras. It does not come up under feed but comes up under storage settings which I find wierd. My original problem is solved. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Atv0123 wrote:

We have just purchased a compatability USB for our Arlo Pro 4 Hub setup. We are trying to save video recordings on the USB and access via the App and getting the error message "There was an error obtaining your library. 

Have you ejected the USB storage from the app, then connected it to a PC to see what (if anything) is saved in the storage?

Atv0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes ejected the media and views the files on the PC and there were recordings on the USB. I'm trying to get the App to show the recordings under the storage settings page and see the library and no luck. Just the same message while my phone is on the same wifi. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Atv0123 wrote:

Yes ejected the media and views the files on the PC and there were recordings on the USB. I'm trying to get the App to show the recordings under the storage settings page and see the library and no luck. Just the same message while my phone is on the same wifi. 

I've seen that sometimes, and unfortunately don't have a good fix.  

While a PITA, this usually solves it:

1. remove the smarthub and cameras from your account
  2. reset the smarthub with a paperclip
  3. add the smarthub and the cameras back
Atv0123
Aspirant
Aspirant

No this did not work either. I was looking into this on different forums and learned that you must have the camera hub directly connected to the modem and not a router. I switched the camera hub directly to the router and was able to see the thumbnails of recordings made on any of the cameras. It does not come up under feed but comes up under storage settings which I find wierd. My original problem is solved. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Atv0123 wrote:

I was looking into this on different forums and learned that you must have the camera hub directly connected to the modem and not a router. 

Actually that's not true.  It should be connected to your router.

Some 'modems" are actually gateways (modems+routers), and the base can be installed to those devices.  If you do have a gateway+router setup, then you are double-routing when you connect the smarthub to the inner router.  That does make the port forwarding rules a bit more complicated (you need to forward the ports in the gateway to the inner router, and then forward them in the inner router to the smarthub).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation