Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a limit to the number of devices that get push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Msp-13
Follower
Follower

My family of 4 all have our 4 cameras set up on our mobile phones (2 Samsung, 2 iPhones) but only 2 mobiles get push notifications at the same time. One member is the original account handler (Samsung 1)  so they always get push notifications, but at one point iPhone 1 didn’t and iPhone 2 did, now iPhone 1 is getting push notifications and iPhone 2 isn’t. The second Samsung phone hasn’t gotten any push notifications. 

So, is there a limit to the number of devices that can get push notifications at the same time? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are all these devices updated to the latest versions of the Arlo Android app 3.6.9 and iOS 3.6.8?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Arlo app on the phones? 

jbah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 2 phones and since the 3.6.9 update at some point one of the phones stopped receiving camera notifications.

5 camera system, the main account holder receives notifications. Other account only gets a notification for the geolocation on/off, but nothing else.

Steps taken: reboot phone, reinstalled app+ reboot. Make sure Android settings are good.

jbah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: removed the other user. Re-invated and granted permissions.

Now the camera notifications are back but, now the geofencing notifications do not work anymore. 

On the main account, both work. 

I guess something is wrong on your side.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation