Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlochat
Follower
Follower

Just purchased today and the motion detection is a little lacking. It'll pick up cars passing on the road but wont detect me out in the parking lot it only picks me up when i get close(trying to monitor apartment parking lot). If it works with CVR do i just need a subscription or are there other accessories i need to purchase? I've read 2 different things one that it doesn't work with wire free cameras and the other was that it would work with pro 4(which is wireless)if i buy a power adaptor. just looking for clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, detection of cars, with reflected IR from the sun as well as their own heat signatures, is far different from detecting people. That's why the specs say people detection is up to 25 feet (which depends on camera positioning, motion sensitivity in your modes and rules as well as the specific direction of motion).

As for CVR, you'd need the appropriate AC power cord (outdoor model if the camera is outdoors) to be able to use CVR.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, detection of cars, with reflected IR from the sun as well as their own heat signatures, is far different from detecting people. That's why the specs say people detection is up to 25 feet (which depends on camera positioning, motion sensitivity in your modes and rules as well as the specific direction of motion).

As for CVR, you'd need the appropriate AC power cord (outdoor model if the camera is outdoors) to be able to use CVR.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation