Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I tried switching back to Arlo, instant regret.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hoathai88
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I’ve had a lot of variation of the wireless camera by Arlo. The first Arlo pro, the pro 2 and now the pro 4. Arlo pro 2 should’ve been a really good upgrade, but I consistently had issues with the fuzzy camera quality, connectivity issues and false alerts. Those are just the main ones but there were more issues that I don’t want to get into. I left Arlo for about 3 years ago and had no issues with the new brand and it’s a lot more programmable than Arlo. My sister needed a camera that was wireless since she didn’t want to drill holes in her house. I suggested Arlo and she got the Arlo pro 4. To be completed honest looking at the camera quality and features there’s no way you can tell this pro 4 from a pro 2. There hasn’t been any crazy upgrades to the system. No super impressive video quality difference. It’s giving her connection issues like my previous ones now and the fuzzy video is in hers too. Arlo you guys have made so much money from customers like me and made absolutely no changes except cost of a service we have no choice but to pay for unless you want a dumb camera. I’m gladly going to tell her to return these cameras because this isn’t worth the price point their at, not even close.
2 REPLIES 2
Hoathai88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Adding another thing about these pro 4 cameras, why would you put a mount on the cameras to make them even extra bulkier? Is there a cap you use after removing the mount because the back of the camera now has a hole. It feels like Arlo is going backwards with their ideas and logic. Clearly the design team don’t use this product otherwise they would’ve figured out how bad the design of this system is.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We appreciate your feedback regarding the mounting of the Arlo cameras. I will pass on your feature suggestions to the development team. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation