Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Camera will not record to local USB device

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rlh72152
Tutor
Tutor
My new Arlo Pro 4 cameras worked fine when I set them up initially. After the 30 day trial period, they no longer record motion. I get a "notification" of motion on my phone, but nothing is recorded to my local USB drive or directed to my phone. Will the Pro 4 cameras ONLY record to the Cloud with an Arlo Secure service? or is there some way to record to my local USB device on the VMB4000 Base Station? Thanks, Richard
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a subscription, your only choice is to use the base's settings to go to Storage Settings. Use a USB drive of at least 16GB and format it using the base. Be aware that with the VMB4000 base you can't use the app to view recordings - you must Eject the drive so you can view the recordings on a computer. Only the VMB4540 and 5000 Smart hubs can be accessed by the app for local recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rlh72152 wrote:
 is there some way to record to my local USB device on the VMB4000 Base Station? Thanks, Richard

Just to add to @jguerdat's comments...

The VMB4000 supports local recording, but does not support playback. The only way to see recordings on the USB drive is to eject it (using the app), and then connect it to a PC.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation