Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Moosejuice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't they allow us to keep playback of live footage for longer durations? I want to use the picture in picture feature to monitor my driveway while doing work. It simply isn't acceptable that we can't have unfettered live footage access.

It works for "awhile", then it freezes up. What's worse, is that it doesn't indicate that it is frozen. It just pauses and you have to look too see if the grass is blowing in the wind to know if the feed is still good.  At LEAST put something on the screen when it stops so we know we have to reload it.... "Livefeed ended" or *something*

There are no special monitor you can buy, either. There simply just isn't a way to do it.

I tried the chat support before, they said use a different browser. I did, and it did the same thing. Their exact words were "I promise you, it will fix your problem", which I didn't believe for a second.

Furthermore, it *never* remembers my devices. Every time I try to open it up in the browser its like who is this? Prove yourself!

I just want to be able to see whats going on outside because I work in my basement and I want to watch for deliveries and for when someone comes home. 

I am quite unsatisfied with the total lack of being able to use the cameras for any real monitoring. I can't rely on the "notifications" either. They happen sometimes, not always, which I don't even expect them to be perfect anyhow. I expect to be able to watch a stream on a camera though.

I have several cameras, including a Pro 4 (which is the one I really want to see live on) and a few 3's with a hub as well. 

I really wanted to like the arlo system. I was disappointed with the pro 3s when I had to get a subscription and so forth, but I did it anyhow because I wanted to have the best experience with what I had already invested in.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The general concept of limiting live viewing to 30 minutes is due to the cameras being battery-operated. You'd end up charging the battery quite often if you did this. Of course, you could use the appropriate AC power adapter so battery life wouldn't be an issue but the limitation remains. Your choice would be to subscribe to CVR which requires that AC power.

Moosejuice
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is on main ac power.

The CVR addon lets you watch live continually?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Moosejuice wrote:

The CVR addon lets you watch live continually?

The CVR subscription records continuously, but I think live viewing will still time out after 30 minutes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would be my understanding, too, but you can watch the CVR output continuously with a bit of a delay.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation