Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro4 offline since connected to base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kim7575
Follower
Follower

When I had the pro4 cameras connected to the router directly they worked perfectly. We decided to do a smart hub so we could record locally and not worry about plans/ subscriptions etc. Since purchasing and installing the cameras through the smart hub we have had nothing but issues. The cameras are not getting the same wifi connection/strength and keep going offline. Previously if they went off they auto reconnected. Now they stay off. I am on a property. They are all external. I bought a wifi repeater. Connected the wifi repeater to the smart hub to boost/repeat the signal. But it has not made a difference at all. 

Basically it was fine until we used the smart hub that dropped the signal strength. Any suggestions to increase its signal?

I installed some at my work as well. Exact same issue. Fine until I put it through the smart hub. Now they have gone offline and won’t reconnect. And obviously I don’t want to have to go in and reconnect them every time. My work has internet boosters all throughout so that will not be the problem until run through the smart hub. 
I am learning the smarthubx are not so smart 😐

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kim7575 wrote:

My work has internet boosters all throughout so that will not be the problem until run through the smart hub. 

WiFi extenders won't extend the base wifi signal.  You can use them to move the base away from your router (pairing the extender with your home internet, and connecting the base to the extender's ethernet connection).

You might need multiple bases to reach all your cameras.  Or just reconnect them to your wifi (depending on cloud storage for recordings).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation