Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I called ARLO about by Arlo Pro 4 that stopped having power. It's been outside with normal rain

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dru1225
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Pro 4 won't turn on whether it's plugged in or using a fully charged battery; no lights etc.

It's been working outside for a little over 3 months. before I had this issue. When I took the camera from the case I did see some water in the case. I'm guessing this contributed to the issues.

When I called Arlo and explained the situation, they stated I needed to pay for a $99 or $150 to make sure firmware is updated automatically and that it is required to troubleshoot.

I questioned how this relates as it appears to be a hardware issue however they continued to press for me to purchase this plan. 

Is this normal? Who should be helping me about a faulty camera that is no longer working?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dru1225 wrote:

When I called Arlo and explained the situation, they stated I needed to pay for a $99 or $150 to make sure firmware is updated automatically and that it is required to troubleshoot.

Not normal - this sounds like you googled support and ended up with a scam support site.

The options for contacting support are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062610/Arlo-Support-Options

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation