Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Barilla_87
Initiate
Initiate

Since the latest update of IOS 16.1.1 the geofencing function doesn’t work anymore. I don’t get the notification that the cameras are set to away mode and armed when I pass a certain geografical point (where they were armed before).

How do I fix this? Is there a upcoming new version of the Arlo app?

br

Emilio

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are you geofencing a single mobile device or multiple devices?

Barilla_87
Initiate
Initiate

Two phones, both with ios 16.1.1 now.

Worked perfectly before the update.

If i look at the geofencing map I can see I’m out of the selected zone but the away-mode don’t trig anyway.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

My granted user device stopped working with geofencing two days ago. Could be something similar. Re-adding user does not work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a slow roll out happening now for app version 4.0. This should be available to most users by monday. Check to see if you're on the latest version of the app and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue - geofencing no longer recognizes/senses my phone and I no longer get the location in/out notifications.  Using geofencing with just one iPhone.  I was working great before the upgrade to iOS 16, but now it doesn't.  I've checked all the settings recommended on the Arlo website, and they all seem correct.  I updated to the new Arlo 4.0 app yesterday.  Hoped it would help, but it's still not working.  Just to clarify, the app works and the camera is recording just fine, but geofencing doesn't recognize/sense the iPhone.  Any chance it's because I also have a new phone?  

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

... I should add that when the geofencing doesn't work, and the camera is still armed, I switch to Disarmed mode, wait a beat to be sure the displayed status is "disarmed", and switch back to the geofencing mode.  Once I do that, the camera stays disarmed, but with the geofencing indicator next to it.

BillTucson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also installed the latest version and geofencing does not work

BillTucson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using 

Version
4.0.3_2

and it appears to be ineffective with anything but my own phone
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like you need to have arlo reset your geofencing token in the base station/camera.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation