Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello all !!
It already happen in the past and make the camera totally useless !!
Geofencing is not working anymore ! We need to open the app to update the position.
iPhone settings are correct (share always position, background update).
Arlo told me it’s iPhone setting and close the case ! Shame ! While the issue already happen !
Can someone help or warn Arlo regarding this issue ?
15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arthurmi,

How often are you experiencing the issue? What model iOS device are you using?

JamesC

Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James,
It’s iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro.
iOS 15.1.1
Those days it’s working properly (no change in my setup…)
I can’t say how often. When it’s not working, it’s not working at all during weeks.
BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has there been any resolution? Used to work well then stopped again. Have to open Arlo - which negates the whole point of geofencing. Latest ios and arlo apps.

Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here !!
It’s getting really boring guys !
Are you able to correct properly your soft !?
It works well during few weeks then stopped again. Have to open Arlo - which negates the whole point of geofencing. Latest ios and arlo apps Also !
Thanks for you support !
Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

It’s working again on my side.
Could be great to have a communication from Arlo to understand.
Capsgator
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI… iOS 15 has some sort of geofencing issue that is affecting other systems using the iPhone as the tracked device.  Smarthings and other systems experiencing the same.  Looks like it’s fixed in 15.3 beta.

Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the information Capsgator, it’s not working properly once more … really annoying 😞
Arlo could give more information. Hope it’s linked to iOS and that it will be solved quickly.
varenummer
Guide
Guide
I have the same issues on iPhone 13.
Need to open app for geofence will recognize my location. Frustrating
It have been worked before.
And Samsung SmartThings I have is working properly 100%. But Arlo is the only thing not working
Arthurmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is not answering. It depends, sometime it’s working. Sometime no … no information it’s really boring.
varenummer
Guide
Guide

Hi Mate

Take a look at iPhone IOS 15.3 NEW update

AFTER this firmware on the phone, THE GEOFENCE in ARLO is working 100% again, i have been tested it for 2 days now... It work again

Update your iPhone to iOS 15.3

Capsgator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Updating to iOS15.3 fixed my non-arlo geopresence issues with other applications.  (i dont use geofencing with arlo).

BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi All

It does seem as if the new IOS 15.3 fixes - again - the geofencing feature.

It would be good to get some feedback from Arlo when features are broken for whatever reason. The whole point of geofencing is to switch on and off when not at home, but the reliability over the years has been patchy to say the least.

So lets see how long before it breaks again.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@BillTHollins  They did post that it was a IOS issue a while ago.

BillTHollins
Apprentice
Apprentice

@dcfox1 

On this post we had 1 Arlo response then nothing. It was not Arlo that said it was fixed in 15.3 rather another community user unless I am misreading the post. And if you look back over the years you will see that there have been very few responses from Arlo on all these related posts.

Anyway lets hope it works for a long time again.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@BillTHollins wrote:

@dcfox1 

On this post we had 1 Arlo response then nothing. It was not Arlo that said it was fixed in 15.3 rather another community user unless I am misreading the post. And if you look back over the years you will see that there have been very few responses from Arlo on all these related posts.

Anyway lets hope it works for a long time again.

Yea there were many different threads about this may not have been this one. It was an Arlo Mod in the one I saw. 

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation