Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

First batteries drained in days, then we can't clear audio settings. Then TERRIBLE off shore service

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pdubsocal
Follower
Follower

We delayed installing these after buying before Christmas. Finally charged and installed. 10 days later batteries dead. Told to limit our settings. Done. Still getting too many notifications and battery drain. Thought it was audio that was causing the problem (hearing dogs bark) so turned off the cameras audio close to where dog barks. Still getting dozens of audio notifications for that camera. Again, AUDIO IS SET TO OFF.  Turned all settings as low as they would go. Still getting notifications. Finally unplugged the camera and took off the wall. Terrible. Called customer service just to see if there was one button we were missing. But since my wife set up the system and she was at work I couldn't ask a SIMPLE question.  Not looking to circumvent anyone's privacy, I just wanted to find out if there was another button I had to turn off to eliminate all these audio notifications. International rep was awful. I want to return this crappy, battery draining, touchy system.  But already unpacked and installed.  So X*&% out of luck

But here is the kicker, why am I limiting all my settings?  Isn't that why we bought the system? Essentially we have limited the settings so much (And obviously not enough since the audio sensor keeps activating on one camera) they are basically useless as a security system.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The camera microphone settings will disable the audio to the recordings and live viewing for privacy.

The camera audio trigger is set in the mode camera rules as a adjustable setting or disabled.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The camera audio trigger is set in the mode camera rules as a adjustable setting or disabled.

@pdubsocal - this article might help you find the audio detection settings.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation