Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Find a stolen camera using serial number?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Perrmafrost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just wondering if there was a way to locate a stolen camera using my unique serial code. The camera is linked to my account and hub. This camera also had a subscription with Arlo at one point in time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Perrmafrost wrote:

I was just wondering if there was a way to locate a stolen camera using my unique serial code.

While Arlo could potentially do this, they've chosen not to.  Likely that's because there are cases where it could be abused.  For instance, it could be used to locate a partner who left with their camera.

Perrmafrost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really wish there was a way around it, these aren't cheap cameras. I'll admit, I'm human and sometimes I do forget to charge them and this time it back-fired on me. Even with a police report submitted (by all means, they may contact them) Arlo wouldn't be able to help?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Perrmafrost wrote:

Even with a police report submitted (by all means, they may contact them) Arlo wouldn't be able to help?

You can try,  but I doubt it.

Contacting support by phone normally requires a subscription - I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) as it would be best to hear from Arlo directly on this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation