Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the Arlo Pro 4 XL require a hub?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
manager159
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Arlo Pro 4 XL require a hub? I know the pro 4 doesn't  not sure if the only difference is battery size. So is it the same camera with just a larger battery and they both operate the same?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@manager159 wrote:

Does the Arlo Pro 4 XL require a hub? I know the pro 4 doesn't  not sure if the only difference is battery size. So is it the same camera with just a larger battery and they both operate the same?

It is the same camera, just with a bigger battery and a bigger shell.  You can't use the magnetic mount - the larger camera is too heavy for it, and Arlo left out the steel in the back of the larger shell.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@manager159 wrote:

It is the same camera, just with a bigger battery and a bigger shell.  You can't use the magnetic mount - the larger camera is too heavy for it, and Arlo left out the steel in the back of the larger shell.

manager159
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you just wanted to make sure no hub required most pictures show the pro 4 xl with a hub. Good information thank's again.

Ernie

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation