Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disabling motion sensor?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lgbalfa
Tutor
Tutor

My driveway camera goes off way too much, so I am thinking of disabling the motion sensor to save the battery.

If I disable the motion sensor, I can still go online or in the app and rewind if I wanted to view something at a specific time?

If so, how do I do that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lgbalfa wrote:

If I disable the motion sensor, I can still go online or in the app and rewind if I wanted to view something at a specific time?

No.  The camera won't record anything if you turn off the motion triggering.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lgbalfa wrote:

No.  The camera won't record anything if you turn off the motion triggering.

lgbalfa
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the response and information.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best solution is to read the FAQs in the support section here on best camera positioning practices as well as how to change motion detection sensitivity. A common problem is aiming the camera improperly so too much is in view - rotate the camera down to minimize the view to what's truly needed, remembering that detection is only out to ~25 feet for people. If the camera is reasonably positioned, reducing the motion detection in your modes and rules will also help. Either way you need to adjust and test until you get a satisfactory result.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation