Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LasseKarlsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro 4 and everything works fine except animal detection notification.

The function to detect animals works fine and I receive emails will correct identification for person or animal, but  I have selected that I do not want to get notifications for animals like all the cats in the area.

Still I get notifications everytime a cat is passing our cameras.

Does anyone know how to disable animal notifications, so I can enable Push notifications? Right now, I can only use email, because too many animals pass our home.

Print screen in Swedish, so here is the translation:

Människor = People

Djur = Animal

Fordon = Car

All annan rörelse = All other movement

Image.png

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LasseKarlsson wrote:

I have two Arlo Pro 4 and everything works fine except animal detection notification.

The function to detect animals works fine and I receive emails will correct identification for person or animal, but  I have selected that I do not want to get notifications for animals like all the cats in the area.

Still I get notifications everytime a cat is passing our cameras.

Does anyone know how to disable animal notifications, so I can enable Push notifications? Right now, I can only use email, because too many animals pass our home.

Have you tried enabling push notifications anyway?  I believe your problem is that the smart notification filtering only applies to push notifications - so you can't filter out unwanted email notifications.

LasseKarlsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to activate notifications, but the I get at least three per hour because of cats.

It looks like a bug that notifications does not filter as specified in the settings, meaning no notifications for animals.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LasseKarlsson wrote:

I have tried to activate notifications, but the I get at least three per hour because of cats.

It looks like a bug that notifications does not filter as specified in the settings, meaning no notifications for animals.

Did you turn off the email notifications?  And just use push?

LasseKarlsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I only want to have push messages for people.

Started to use email when push also detect animals.

It became to annoying for people in my meetings with push notifications all the time 🙂

The camera has a good detection for people and animals, but the App has a limitation that send notifications when animal setting is disabled. Does this work for anyone, meaning should I try to reinstall the App?

I use the app on a Samsung Galaxy S10, which is about three years old.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LasseKarlsson wrote:

The camera has a good detection for people and animals, but the App has a limitation that send notifications when animal setting is disabled. Does this work for anyone, meaning should I try to reinstall the App?

The filtering does work for me (though I use an iPhone).  You might try using Arlo support - that would at least get the issue reported.

rickw12
Guide
Guide

I don't think it's a bug. I think it simply doesn't work. I don't think the technology can make that kind of distinction and filter out pets.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickw12 wrote:

I don't think it's a bug. I think it simply doesn't work. I don't think the technology can make that kind of distinction and filter out pets.

If I understood the post correctly,  @LasseKarlsson was talking about the filtering, not about mis-classification of videos.  Filtering not working would be a bug.  

I find that most of the time the AI does classify my videos correctly, but there clearly is still room for improvement.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation