Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom Modes Stopped Working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a number of custom modes that I've been running for the past 6 months and suddenly today they stopped working.  I can arm the cameras and they will record but under the custom modes they are not recording.  I had been having problems with the cameras going off line all of time which coincided with the Arlo app updating.  Today to try to fix the issue of the modes not functioning I deleted the app and reinstalled it and noticed that they had updated this latest version 21 hours ago...I'm assuming this latest malfunction relates to that.  Someone please let me know how I can get the custom modes working again.  

Up until about 2 weeks ago these cameras with the base station was working fantastic, no issues and now in the past 2 weeks I've had to spend way too much time trying to trouble shoot problems, it is very frustrating.  

4 REPLIES 4
oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

An update to my previous post (can't figure out how to edit an existing one) Last night I tried to adjust the time that my scheduled mode starts, I changed it to 8:00pm instead of 9:00pm and it showed correctly on the schedule but the mode wouldn't go active until 9:00pm.  Also, the mode itself is called Motion only all cameras - but when the scheduled mode did go active it was labeled as garage only.  Fortunately the correct cameras did arm and record during the night but there is some glitch happening with the modes.  I can't make or edit the existing modes as they won't work.  

Earlier in the evening I armed the cameras and I started getting audio recording alerts.  I have all the audio turned off, my armed mode should only be for motion detection.  I checked the settings and it all appears correct as just motion only yet for some reason the cameras were being triggered by audio.  

Jack_BDMN
Tutor
Tutor

Many users have reported similar issues, especially after recent app updates. It's unfortunate that the cameras were working well until recently, but it's not uncommon for technology to encounter glitches over time. You could try resetting your cameras and reconfiguring your custom modes to see if that resolves the issue. Hopefully, you'll be able to get everything working smoothly again soon!

oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS Update to Custom Modes stopped working - 

As noted earlier the modes were not working properly so I decided to do a factory reset of the base station.  I had to re-install all the cameras and set up all new modes.  Thankfully everything including the Home Apple app is working properly.  I created a new scheduled mode and it working correctly, starting and stopping on time and I've stopped getting random Audio triggered recordings.  Also, when the scheduled mode is active it is back to showing the correct mode.   (The scheduled mode started showing as Garage only - even though it was set to "Motion only all cameras". )  I'm hoping this doesn't become a frequently required fix as it quite time consuming. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@oneyellowlab Thanks for the update.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation