Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station VMB5000 always going off line since Arlo Secure app updated 2 weeks ago

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

For 6 months I've been running the Arlo Pro 4 cameras with the VMB5000 base station with zero problems, very stable and it was connected to my iPhone's Home app.  All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago I started having issues where the cameras would go off line and I couldn't access the videos from the basestation.  I have tried everything, even resetting the basestation which erased all of my modes.  I then noticed that the Arlo Secure phone app for iPhone updated around the same time my problems started.  I also can no longer get the Base station connected to the Home app.  Nothing changed with my internet or the cables running to the basestation, the only change I can see is the app updated.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?  If not perhaps my base has gone faulty and needs to be replaced - I'm within the warranty time frame so that might be an option.  

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@oneyellowlab 

Have you tried reconnecting the base station to the HomeKit app via these steps: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit

oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  Today, my modes stopped working (I'll post about that in a different post) but to try to fix the issue I deleted the Arlo app, & reinstalled it.  It didn't fix the issue of the modes not working but I took a stab at trying to add the cameras to the Home app and it finally worked.  I did notice that the app showed a new version was updated 21 hours ago so I'm wondering if that fixed my one issue but now has contributed to this new problem.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. Tag me in your new post regarding your new findings.

oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I put up a new post about the Custom Modes not working, but I have no idea how to tag you in it....I'm not very proficient with that type of thing.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In your post, start by tying an "@" followed by the user's name (no spaces) and then select it from the list that pops up. It would be like this - @ShayneS 

oneyellowlab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

same issue. My old base station cams work fine, but the ultra base station has been going offline for weeks now

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may indicate a faulty hub. Use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select your hub and scroll down to Contacts to see what official support says.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation