Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
susanem53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 4. The camera went offline - I don't know why. When I connected it again and mounted it back on the wall, the orange light on the camera is continuously on. Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix it.
The Arlo is powered by an Arlo solar panel. 
Many thanks
Susan

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Usually a slow blinking amber led suggests low battery.

https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean 

susanem53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi DannyBearAgain,

Thank you for your reply. The orange light was continuous. I put the camera out yesterday evening about 9pm having fully charged it on the mains. This morning after recording 2 videos the battery is fully depleted. I am now thinking that I need a new battery. The camera and battery are exactly a year old. I will purchase a new one and report back to this thread if it solves the issue.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You may want to recharge it again but don’t connect the solar panel. If the solar unit if faulty it may be discharging the camera battery.

susanem53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for that Danny. I was just about to order a battery. I will try that now.

susanem53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Danny,

I tried what you said. I charged the battery fully on the mains and put the camera back up and it was flat in a few hours so I purchased a new battery, fully charged it on the mains and put the camera back out with the solar charger attached. Everything seems fine after running it for four days. The other battery was just less than a year old but it is on the front of the house so it does record a lot.
Thank you for your time and support.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Thanks for the update, unusual for the battery to have such a short life span especially if it is trickle charged daily.

Could be just a bad batch of batteries from arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation