Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Malmokalle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all!
At home (Sweden) I have a 3 Arlo Pro cameras with VMB 4000 Base station and in our apartment in Alanya-Turkey I have only 1 Arlo Q Camera. All 4 cameras are in the same app and it works very good.

Now I want to change Arlo Q to a Arlo Pro 4 in Alanya. Is this possible?

KR > Kjell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Malmokalle wrote:

First of all, the subscription is in Sweden.

Q: Can I use the same subscription for Arlo Pro 4 (3+1 camera)?

Q: Can I use one app and view all four cameras?

You can view all four cameras from the app.  Since you want to use a single account, that shouldl happen w/o any effort on your part.

And the 5-camera subscription bundle will cover all the cameras, even if they are at different sites.

It isn't completely clear to me how Arlo figures out location, so there is some risk that they'll detect that the new camera is in Turkey and deactivate the subscription on that camera.  FWIW, I'd set up the new camera in Sweden (and then move it to Turkey), and also set up the wifi network in Turkey so that it has the same network name/password as the one in Sweden.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Malmokalle wrote:

Now I want to change Arlo Q to a Arlo Pro 4 in Alanya. Is this possible?

There are no subscriptions available in Turkey, and you will need a paid subscription for the pro 4 to get any cloud storage.

But if your account's country is in Sweden, it might still work.

Malmokalle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen!

KR > Kjell

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Malmokalle wrote:

You can view all four cameras from the app.  Since you want to use a single account, that shouldl happen w/o any effort on your part.

And the 5-camera subscription bundle will cover all the cameras, even if they are at different sites.

It isn't completely clear to me how Arlo figures out location, so there is some risk that they'll detect that the new camera is in Turkey and deactivate the subscription on that camera.  FWIW, I'd set up the new camera in Sweden (and then move it to Turkey), and also set up the wifi network in Turkey so that it has the same network name/password as the one in Sweden.

Malmokalle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again!

Sounds good that everything will work out fine. Thanks for the input about Turkey, I´m on my way tomorrow morning and I will change my network name/PW and hope it will work. 

KR > Kjell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation