Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoeMufferaw
Follower
Follower

I installed the Arlo Pro4 in July 2022 using a Wasserman Solar Panel and wireless 2.4 ghz as required. It was 30 feet from the house. It worked perfectly until the end of December when the solar panel was covered by several inches of snow. The sun usually melts the snow, but there were several cloudy days of no sun. Over this period of no power supplied, the camera stopped working. It wouldn't restart, so I assumed it "froze'. It's now indoors and working well, except for motion not triggering through window panes or the night glare that doesn't show anything but a light 😞  - so I will try it again outside and make sure the solar panel stays free of snow as much as possible. Anything else  to make this work better?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wasserman and Arlo may or may not work. Arlo has never certified them. Cold temps (>32F) prevent charging and -5F prevents the camera from working, both to preserve the battery. PIR sensors don't work through glass since the glass blocks the needed IR signature from the subject. Night vision obviously glares in the glass so has to be turned off if used this way.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation