Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications on friend account

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
rckrz6
Star
Star

Hello, I installed a Arlo Pro 4 camera today and went through and made an account.  Me and my wife were using the same account but it boots each other off if we try and view at the same time,   I made my wife her own account and added her as a friend with admin privileges but now she no longer gets the push notifications which are very important to her.  Is there any way around this other then being logged into the same account.  Her phone has all the proper permissions enabled

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

She should be getting the push notifications.  What model phone?

rckrz6
Star
Star

It seems to be working now after a 24 hour delay

justbrianp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with push notifications to a friend account. But my problem has been persistent now for over a month. If I log in to the primary account (Arlo app, iPhone 11 Pro) on my phone, the notifications work just fine. But when logged in to the friend account (again on my phone), no notifications. I've checked the Arlo app settings (in the Settings app where notifications are configured) when logged in to both accounts and they look the same to me. Note that notifications had been working on both primary (on my wife's phone) and friend (my phone) account for several years and then suddenly stopped.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

Rudy25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push notifications on friend account not working.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rudy25,

Check the mobile devices settings to make sure the Arlo mobile app has permissions to send push notifications.

JamesC

lordbuckethead
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still broken. I just added my first Arlo device, a wired doorbell. I have no problem with notifications on my primary device/account. But, my SO's device can't receive motion notifications when they are logged into their "Friend" account - they just don't show up despite all notifications being enabled in the Android OS and in the Arlo Secure App. The only way for my SO to get notifications is for them to log into the app with the primary account (and push notifications work just fine as soon as she's logs in with the primary!) but then if we're looking at the app at the same time (which is pretty likely when you get a motion alert!) it immediately kicks on off us out by logging off (one device per account rule, I guess).

This is madness! Please fix it, Arlo!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lordbuckethead,

Consider removing the friend account entirely and then send/accept a new initiation. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

lordbuckethead
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for responding, James. I deleted and re-invited the friend but still have the same issue.
Stubert
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been an ongoing issue I've been experiencing since purchasing in September 2021. My notifications will not work across multiple devices, as I had been led to believe on the lovely Arlo marketing. 

I hope it's of use, I've posted my work around at the bottom of this thread. I'll admit it's not great as you'd hope the software would work properly, but in the mean time I hope it gets you closer to being able to view the footage at the same time. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Possible-fix-for-no-Push-Notifications/m-p/1850776#M2861

rp926
Tutor
Tutor
@james

I have the same issue here.
Primary account : working
Secondary : no push notifications.

Can you tell your developers to solve the issue ? Almost a year this has been happening.

You don’t know how disappointed I’m with arlo support … the cameras are great but the software development is a shame
Therespencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to change my phone number on my account

Mustang196t8
Tutor
Tutor

I found a workaround/compromise for this issue (I still see this is a problem in 2023 - i just set up my Wired doorbell 2 days ago and gave access to a second account ("People") - and once I did that, neither of us got notifications - even if the doorbell was pushed.

I went into the "Settings" (person icon in upper left of app) - then went to "People", then clicked on the person I added at pressed "Allow Access Rights" to turn it OFF - "Audio and Video Doorbell Calls" is still ON. Once I did this, we both received notifications. I guess this will not allow second account to Share or Delete Recordings, but my main concern was the notifications. Hopefully this is the same or similar for Cameras as well (I only have a doorbell right now). I have an Android phone if this makes any difference.

I only installed the app and camera 2 days ago. I cleared cache, data on App. Deleted access to second account, re-added. Restarted Doorbell - still to no avail. I did no bother trying to update or delete/reinstall app since I just installed it 2 days ago. Went into all settings to make sure all notifications were allowed (on both phones). The only thing that restored notifications after adding a second account is what I described above.

Very sad this is a software issue that persists. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Hopefully this can help someone who is spending a LOT of time trying to fix this like I was.

shizam_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

@lordbuckethead and @JamesC Check out my post in this thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Possible-fix-for-no-Push-Notifications/td-p/1850776/page/2

This is very weird but this is what worked for me and my 3 cams...

Ok, this is freaking me out.  I just fixed it.  Similar to @Mustang196t8 I went into the ARLO app on my android phone (I've got 3 Arlo Pro 4 outdoor cams), clicked the "person icon" in the upper left on the devices "tab".  I clicked on "People" and then clicked my location (which happens to say "Home").  In that, there is a toggle switch that says "Allow Access Rights" (the name and email of the person that you allowed access to is listed at the top of this screen).  I toggled it OFF.  I left all three checkmarks next to all 3 of my cams below the access rights toggle.  I clicked SAVE in the upper right and exited out.  My notifications are now working...AND my wife's notifications are also working!  We are getting them on our separate phones at the same time, even though I toggled off her access rights.  

ARLO software has to be really hosed.  This is crazy.  But, we are now both getting notifications, with this setting she shouldn't be.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation