Arlo Pro to Pro 4 - Battery and Wall Mount Compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

Moving on from my Arlo Pro to (most likely) the Pro 4.  2 questions, to see if I can save a few bucks:

- Can I use my Arlo Pro batteries with the Pro 4?  If not, I assume I will need to buy a new charger as well (dont like unmounting cameras to charge batteries, prefer to just pop batteries out)

- Can I screw the Pro 4 on the same wall mount (screwed into back of Arlo Pro, not magnetic)?  Or will I need all new wall mounts as well?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

- Can I use my Arlo Pro batteries with the Pro 4? If not, I assume I will need to buy a new charger as well (dont like unmounting cameras to charge batteries, prefer to just pop batteries out)

No, the Pro batteries are not the same size...

You can leave housing of the camera in place on your mount, pop out the camera itself and swap battery.

- Can I screw the Pro 4 on the same wall mount (screwed into back of Arlo Pro, not magnetic)? Or will I need all new wall mounts as well?

Yes, the Pro 4 has the standard 1/4-20 threaded socket for a  camera mount.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Tom. My arlo's, the original pro, you had to unscrew the entire camera and bring it in to charge unless you had the battery docking station. So the pro 4's have a case that remains outside? That's fantastic news if so, I would just do as you suggested bring the camera in and not have to worry about rethreading the screw and repositioning camera.

Do you happen to know if the pro 5 has the same case set up? I'm still debating between the pro 4 and pro 5. Saw the five has slightly better battery life and can do dual band Wi-Fi instead of just 2.4

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure I'd leave the camera case outside if it's rather damp because you could end up with water/moisture in it. If it's reasonably covered there may well be no issue but... I have cameras that I unscrew for various reasons including changing batteries and don't have to re-aim. If you've locked down the mount tightly (don't go nuts!) any movement is apt to be minor and won't really affect the aim. Of course, taking care to minimize jostling the mount helps. And don't forget that removing the camera still presents the possibility of movement.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation