Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the Arlo secure app it says I have 30+ alerts but I can’t see any recordings when I tap on recordings.

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear.

Got it!

Reset cameras back to factory, logged out of the app and deleted it from my phone.

re-installed app and logged back in.

BOOM!! Working as it should.

Thank you my friend for all your input, I’m sure it was the idiot user (me) that was at fault.

Hope you have a great day👍

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you using a subscription plan with your camera, if so has it run out?

WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yep I’m on a brand new subscription.

the gallery tab shows 30+ activations but when I tap on the gallery it’s empty.

I’ve found that if I check the individual camera I can see them.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Ok I think, if you tap on the camera’s (new) digit icon from the devices page of the app you’re able to see the missing recordings, correct?

• If not can you make a manual recording and does it appear in the library?

But if so if you select the library page icon the recordings are missing?

• If so do you have a filter set to another camera or motion type, if you select the filter you can choose what is only displayed in the library.

WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi buddy, first off, thanks👍

no manual recordings appear.

the filters are set to person and vehicles and that’s what I see when I tap the number of recordings for the individual camera. Then the filter displayed is the camera I’ve selected.

I mean, now I can see the recordings it’s not really a big issue, just the app not operating the way it did in the free trial

Dannybear
Master
Master

I guess the trick would be to remove any filters that are set so it would then show all that is in the library.

Usually logout and login clears the library filters.

Strange that your not getting manual recordings to the library as this indicates your camera is not on a subscription. Usually if this was the case the record button is disabled when streaming live.

WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning!!

its 0600 here in New Zealand.

I’ve just logged out and back in to the app, now nothing😂

as it’s now the 18th here I can’t see any of yesterdays 30+ recordings🤷🏼‍♂️

maybe it’s an case for uninstall then reinstall & reconnect the cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can I suggest you confirm that the camera/s is listed as being on a subscription plan, if you purchased a single rather than a multiple camera subscription you would only get one camera to record to the cloud.

As mentioned previously if you are unable to manually record to the library it is likely because the camera is not attached to the subscription.

If you look under settings page and select support and then select your camera it should show you the entitlements. 

WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

App says both my cameras are “participating” in the Arlo secure multi camera subscription.

Buddy, I really appreciate you trying to help. I’m sure it’s something simple that I’ve done.

so, tonight when I get home, I’ll reset the cameras to factory. Then log out and delete the app.

then start afresh. 
but again, thank you👍

WillieF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear.

Got it!

Reset cameras back to factory, logged out of the app and deleted it from my phone.

re-installed app and logged back in.

BOOM!! Working as it should.

Thank you my friend for all your input, I’m sure it was the idiot user (me) that was at fault.

Hope you have a great day👍

Dannybear
Master
Master

The mysteries of arlo never cease to amaze.

So now you have to scorch earth your system after the trial period ends.

Glad you got there in the end.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation