Battery charging

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bikespace
Aspirant
Aspirant

250 quid per camera, £2000 system, should I really have to remove the case and hold the charging cable on with an elastic band in order to charge it? 

558D8CB1-D9FB-45EF-A6B6-BF878211A790.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bikespace wrote:

250 quid per camera, £2000 system, should I really have to remove the case and hold the charging cable on with an elastic band in order to charge it? 

Why aren't you charging it in the housing????

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

why are you not using the magnetic charging cable which comes with the camera which charges it though the casing underneath where the button to release it is? There is no need to take it out of the casing at all to charge it.

Bikespace
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s been sat locked on 4% for 24 hours. I had seen this bodge had worked for others but actually didn’t work for me either. Eventually I took the battery out of the camera altogether, and charged it to 20% with an external charger, then went back to using the magnetic charging cable and it recovered. 
I have a regular issue when the battery gets too low to recharge normally. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bikespace wrote:

I have a regular issue when the battery gets too low to recharge normally. 

Generally best to charge the battery before it drops below 15% or so.

Bikespace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep I think that’s the answer and I always say I’ll do that. Easier said than done sometimes. 
I have 9 cameras and just two that aren’t full time powered. Pain in the butt they are 🙂

maybe I’ll look at solar. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bikespace wrote:

Yep I think that’s the answer and I always say I’ll do that. Easier said than done sometimes. 
I have 9 cameras and just two that aren’t full time powered. Pain in the butt they are 🙂

maybe I’ll look at solar. 

Another option is to get the XL upgrade kit, which gives you 2.5x the battery capacity.  (this is of course compatible with solar).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation